- Introduction to Panch Kedar
- Best time to travel Panch Kedar
- How to visit Panch Kedar
- Panch kedar Yatra Travel Route Plan
- Tips to travel at the Panch Kedar Yatra
- Tour Package
- Char Dham Opening Date
- Temple Guide
The term “Panch Kedar” refers to the five revered Lord Shiva temples in India’s Uttarakhand region’s Garhwal. Kedarnath, Tungnath, Rudranath, Madhyamaheshwar, and Kalpeshwar are the temples. One of the most revered pilgrimages for Hindus is the journey to Panch Kedar. We’ll provide you all the details you need to organise your trip to Panch Kedar in this guide.
Best time to travel to Panch Kedar –
The ideal months to travel to Panch Kedar are May through June and September through November. The skies are clear and the weather is pleasant during these months. The temperature is pleasant for trekking and travel, ranging from 10°C to 25°C. Avoid travelling during the monsoon season, which runs from July through August, as the roads can be hazardous and slick.
How to Visit Panch Kedar –
You can either trek or use a helicopter to get to Panch Kedar. The Panch Kedar trip is strenuous and demands physical stamina, but it pays off with breathtaking Himalayan views. The journey begins at Soneprayag and lasts for roughly 14 days. For safety, it is suggested that you hire a guide or go on a hike as a group.
You can choose to take a helicopter flight if you’d like a more pleasant mode of transportation. Available from Dehradun, Haridwar, and Phata are helicopter services. Although it can be pricey, the helicopter flight is a speedy and convenient method to go to Panch Kedar.
Panch Kedar Yatra Travel Route Plan –
The Panch Kedar yatra travel route plan depends on your mode of transportation. If you are trekking, the route plan is as follows:
- Day 1: Soneprayag to Gaurikund (14 km trek)
- Day 2: Gaurikund to Kedarnath (16 km trek)
- Day 3: Kedarnath to Gaurikund (16 km trek)
- Day 4: Gaurikund to Ukhimath (45 km drive)
- Day 5: Ukhimath to Deoria Tal (13 km trek)
- Day 6: Deoria Tal to Sari Village (2.5 km trek)
- Day 7: Sari Village to Chopta (30 km drive)
- Day 8: Chopta to Tungnath and Chandrashila (5 km trek)
- Day 9: Chopta to Mandal (10 km trek)
- Day 10: Mandal to Rudranath (20 km trek)
- Day 11: Rudranath to Helang (15 km trek)
- Day 12: Helang to Kalpeshwar (10 km trek)
- Day 13: Kalpeshwar to Joshimath (24 km trek)
- Day 14: Joshimath to Rishikesh (251 km drive)
Tips to travel at the Panch Kedar Yatra –
- Acclimatise: It’s imperative to acclimatise before beginning the Panch Kedar trek because its height spans from 1,400 metres to 4,164 metres. Go to a nearby town for a day or two to acclimatise.
- Carry essentials: Make sure to carry essential items such as warm clothes, rain gear, a first aid kit, and a torchlight. Additionally, pack some snacks and energy bars for the trek.
- Stay hydrated: It is crucial to stay hydrated during the trek, so carry a sufficient amount of water or a water filter bottle.
- Hire a guide: If this is your first time trekking, you should hire a guide for the Panch Kedar trek. The guide will assist you with the journey and provide you useful knowledge about the temples and the local way of life.
- Respect the local culture: Panch Kedar is a very important Hindu pilgrimage place, hence it is very important to respect the local customs and culture. Avoid consuming alcohol, smoking, and eating meat while on the walk and dress accordingly.
Char Dham Tour Package and Panch Kedar Yatra Tour Package –
If you are planning a visit to Panch Kedar, you can opt for a Char Dham tour package or a Panch Kedar tour package. These packages include transportation, accommodation, and meals, making it a hassle-free way of traveling.
Char Dham Opening Date –
Panch Kedar is a part of the Char Dham Yatra, which typically begins in April and runs until November. The start date for Char Dham in 2023 has not yet been revealed. But as with every year, it’s anticipated to begin in April and end in November.
Kedarnath Travel Guide, Temple Guide, and Tour Guide –
One of the five Panch Kedar temples, Kedarnath is a significant Hindu pilgrimage destination. In order to learn more about the temple, its history, and the ideal time to visit, you might consult a Kedarnath travel guide, temple guide, or tour guide.
Panch Kedar is a prominent Hindu pilgrimage place and offers a distinctive hiking experience with breathtaking Himalayan views. Whether you decide to walk or take a helicopter flight, be sure to adjust to the environment, bring the necessities, and show respect for the way of life there. To make your travel hassle-free, you can also choose a Char Dham tour package or a Panch Kedar tour package.